See the "Camper Registration" section below to register for our Diocesan Camping Weeks. Before registering for Camp, please read the "Campers" section below!!
Important Information Re: 2024 Diocesan Summer Camping Program:
1. You can find the link below in the Camper Registration to Register for Summer Camp. Online Registration for Camp will open on March 1, 2024. When you do register online please note you will still need to submit a paper copy of the Medical Examination Form (i.e. Camper Physical) which must be filled out and signed by a licensed medical professional (licensed physician or physician’s assistant). This form will be emailed to you when you complete the Online Registration Process.
Please also note the following with regard to Registration:
- A camper must be 8 years old BY the beginning of their camping week (Sunday) AND must have completed 2nd Grade in order to register for Camp!!!
- We are planning to have Camp at full capacity, which means up to 16 campers in each cabin.
- You must register by June 15, NO EXCEPTIONS! Once registration has concluded on June 15, no one will be able to register for Camp. No exceptions!!
- Registration will be done on a First-Come First-Serve basis. Once we’ve reached the limit, the rest of those registering will be put on a Waiting List. If a spot opens up, those on the Waiting List will be contacted, again on a First-Come First-Serve basis.
- Because of the number of Male and Female Counselors and the number of cabins Camp has, the maximum number of females or males attending any one week will be 80. Once that limit has been reached for males or females, the rest will be put on the Waiting List.
- VERY IMPORTANT: You may register for any number of weeks! However, no one is allowed to stay over the weekend at Camp! Parents will have to make other arrangements for their kids!!!
- Once you register, Camp will email you instructions, including the Physical Form and other necessary information.
2. Camp Nazareth is very proud to offer its program at some of the lowest rates available in America today. We encourage you to research this information, as you will find this fee to be extremely affordable in comparison to other weeklong church camps. The fee for the child(ren) of a Diocesan Parishioner in good standing for a one week session at camp is $370 per child. The fee for non-Diocesan children is $420 per child. For a family sending more than 1 child (siblings only), a Discount of $25/child (after the first child) will be given. The one-time $25 Ambassador's Discount is available if a camper invites 1 or more, non-diocesan/non-family camper(s) who enroll for the first time as a result of their specific invitation. A $20 Early Bird Discount will be applied if you register by May 1, 2023. In addition, as of 2022 Camp will no longer be able to house campers over the weekend. If your child registers for multiple weeks, you must find alternative accommodations for them from Saturday check-out until Sunday registration. Once the online registration process is complete, campers will be emailed the Physical Form as well as other necessary information.
If an applicant wishes to cancel, they must do so no later than 1 Week prior to the beginning of their Camping week in order to avoid being charged Camp fees for food and supplies. If an applicant cancels less than 1 Week prior to the beginning of their session, a $150 fee will be assessed. Once final registration is complete, and a camper has not shown up for their week, no refunds will be given.
Remember, you must Register for Camp by June 15, 2023, no exceptions!
Parents and Campers Must Review the 2024 Camper/Parent Information Guide. It contains NEW and IMPORTANT information especially regarding COVID-19.
Registration for Camp will open on March 1, 2024 at 6pm. You will find the link in this section of the website and on the homepage as well. Before you register for Camp, please be sure to read the information above and be sure to attend one of the informational webinars scheduled for February 20 and February 22, 2024. On Tuesday, February 20th, 2024 (at 7pm EST) and Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 (at 7pm EST) (prior to Registration opening on March 1), Camp will offer two informational webinars (they are the same webinar, but are being offered twice) about the 2024 Summer Camping Weeks for all our campers, parents, clergy, volunteers and potential Staff. The webinars will include the latest information on our 2024 Summer Camping Weeks including information about the Camp’s facility, kitchen, medical and program plans. If you miss the webinars you can access an archived version of one of them here! All campers and their families are encouraged to attend the webinars, but especially any first-time campers and their families!
The Weeks at Camp are as follows for 2024:
Week 1: Sunday, July 14 – Saturday, July 20, 2024 – New England, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida and Canada Deaneries
Week 2: Sunday, July 21 – Saturday, July 27, 2024 – Johnstown, Pocono, Southern Tier, Youngstown and Chicago Deaneries
Week 3: Sunday, July 28 – Saturday, August 3, 2024 -- Pittsburgh, Mid-Atlantic, Washington D.C., and Tri-State Deaneries
Science and Nature Camp: Sunday, August 4 - Saturday, August 10, 2024
Click here for Summer Camp Registration - registration will open on March 1, 2024
All Volunteers assisting at Camp and all Diocesan Clergy who have been given permission by their dean and His Eminence, Metropolitan Gregory to serve as Clergy Chaplains during their respective Deanery Camping Week, MUST complete the Clergy/Lay Volunteer Form and submit it to the Camp by May 1, 2024, NO EXCEPTIONS!! Please also note that there is no guarantee every Clergy/Volunteer who applies for Camp will be able to attend Camp. The Camp will contact each Clergy/Volunteer by June 15, 2023 to let them know whether they will be able to attend Camp. Each Volunteer and Clergy MUST also have 3 Clearances complete BEFORE Camp begins: 1. Child Abuse Clearance, 2. Criminal Record Check Clearance, and 3. FBI Fingerprinting Clearance. Please see the Clearance Procedures 2024 letter below for instructions about how to obtain these clearances. Please contact the Camp if you are unsure if you have had these done or if you are unsure how to get them done.
Clergy/Volunteer Registration Forms:
2024 Clergy/Lay Volunteer Form - MANDATORY FOR CLERGY AND VOLUNTEERS
2024 Clearance Procedures - MANDATORY FOR CLERGY AND VOLUNTEERS
2024 Camp Nazareth Staff Employment Opportunities
The following positions are available for the Camp Nazareth Summer 2024 Camping Season:
- Head Counselor
- Athletic Director
- Technology Director
- Ropes Course Facilitator
- Ropes Course Director
- Internships Available
To be considered for employment, all applications must be postmarked/submitted no later than February 1, 2024.
All Staff MUST also have 3 Clearances (to be done AFTER being hired) complete BEFORE Camp begins: 1. Child Abuse Clearance, 2. Criminal Record Check Clearance, and 3. FBI Fingerprinting Clearance. Please see the Clearance Procedures 2022 letter below for instructions about how to obtain these clearances. Please contact the Camp if you are unsure if you have had these done or if you are unsure how to get them done.
Staff Employment Application Forms:
2024 Staff Application Form - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
Social Networking and Digital Communication Policy - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
2024 Health History Form - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
2024 Medical Examination Form - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
Clergy Reference Form - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
Lay Reference Form -MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF - Remember that 2 Lay References are required
Media Consent Form -MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
2024 Camp Dress Code Policy - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
2024 Clearance Procedures - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF - To be done AFTER being hired