See the Camper Pre-registration section below to register for our Diocesan Camping Weeks
Important Information Re: 2021 Diocesan Summer Camping Program
1. For 2021 Online Registration will take place in 2 steps. The 1st step will be a Registration period that will run from Sat April 10 (6 pm EST) – Friday April 30 (12pm EST). Anyone interested in attending Camp MUST Register DURING this time period. However, due to State limits on gathering in numbers, the total number of campers each week will be 72. This means that Registration for Camp will be on a First-Come First-Serve Basis!! Again, the Registration for our 2021 Camp will be on a First-Come First-Serve Basis!! Please Register at the following link:
Please also note the following with regard to Registration:
- A camper must be 10 years old ON or BEFORE the Sunday that begins their Camping Week in order to register for Camp!!!
- Again, the maximum number of campers we are allowed to house at Camp is 72.
- You must register during the April 10-30 dates, NO EXCEPTIONS! Once registration has concluded on April 30, no one will be able to register for Camp. No exceptions!!
- Again, registration will be done on a First-Come First-Serve basis. Once we’ve reached the limit of 72, the rest of those registering will be put on a Waiting List. Priority will be given to our 17 and 18 year olds (Juniors and Seniors). If they pre-register during the April 10-20 period, they will automatically be given a spot even if a 10-16 year old camper registers before them. We are asking all 17-18 year olds to register as soon as registration opens on April 10. If a spot opens up, those on the Waiting List will be contacted, again on a First-Come First-Serve basis.
- This initial registration will be quick. It will not require you to answer many questions.
- Because of the number of Male and Female Counselors and the number of cabins Camp has, the maximum number of females or males attending any one week will be 40. Once that limit has been reached for males or females, the rest will be put on the Waiting List.
- VERY IMPORTANT: You may ONLY register for your parish’s Deanery’s Week at Camp!!! You may NOT register for multiple weeks. Again, you may ONLY register for your parish’s Deanery’s Week at Camp!!! You may NOT register for multiple weeks. For example, a camper whose parish is in Pittsburgh may ONLY register for the Pittsburgh Deanery’s week at Camp. A camper whose parish is in New Jersey, may ONLY register for the New Jersey Deanery’s Week at Camp. DO NOT try to register for another week…only your parish’s Deanery’s Week!!! If you do not know what Deanery your parish belongs to, ASK your priest!! The Camp Weeks for 2021 are as follows:
- Week 1: July 18-23 New England, NY, NJ, and Florida Deaneries
- Week 2: July 25- 30 Johnstown, Pocono, Southern Tier, Youngstown, Chicago Deaneries
- Week 3: Aug 1- 6 Pittsburgh, Mid-Atlantic, Tri-State and Washington D.C. Deaneries
- Once you register, and you are one of the first 72 to register for your Deanery’s Week, Camp will email you instructions, including instructions for further online registration.
2. Camp Nazareth is very proud to offer its program at some of the lowest rates available in America today. We encourage you to research this information, as you will find this fee to be extremely affordable in comparison to other weeklong church camps. The fee for the child(ren) of a Diocesan Parishioner in good standing for a one week session at camp is $330 per child. The fee for non-Diocesan children is $380 per child. For a family sending more than 1 child (siblings only), a Discount of $25/child (after the first child) will be given. The one-time $25 Ambassador's Discount is available if a camper invites 1 or more, non-diocesan/non-family camper(s) who enroll for the first time as a result of their specific invitation. Because of the differences in the Registration process this year, no Early Bird discount will be offered. In addition, as of 2021 Camp will no longer be able to house campers over the weekend. Once the initial First-come First-Serve registration process is complete (April 5th - 30th), the first 72 registrants will be emailed further instructions about the next steps to attend Camp.
If an applicant wishes to cancel, they must do so no later than 3 WEEKS prior to the beginning of their Camping week in order to avoid being charged Camp fees for food and supplies. If an applicant cancels less than 3 WEEKS prior to the beginning of their session, a $150 fee will be assessed. Once final registration is complete, and a camper has not shown up for their week, no refunds will be given.
Remember, you must Register for Camp between April 10-30, 2021 (link is above), NO EXCEPTIONS. However, registration is on a First-come First-serve basis and only the first 72 registrants will be able to attend Camp. The remainder of registrants will be put on a Waiting List.
Parents and Campers Must Review the 2021 Camper/Parent Information Guide. It contains NEW and IMPORTANT information especially regarding COVID-19.
Pre-registration opens April 10, 2021 at 6 pm (EST). The links below will not be active until April 10 at 6pm (EST). BEFORE you pre-register for Camp, please read the information above in the “Camper” section. The information contains important guidelines/rules for the pre-registration process.
PLEASE NOTE: The links are separate for Boys and Girls!!! Please also note that for 2021 a child must be at least 10 years old on or before the beginning of their Camping Week in order to attend Camp. Also note that you may ONLY pre-register for your parish’s Deanery Week at Camp!! If you do not know which Deanery your parish belongs to, please ask your priest!
Week 1: Sunday, July 18 – Friday, July 23, 2021 -- New England, NY, NJ, and Florida Deaneries
Week 2: Sunday, July 25 – Friday, July 30, 2021 -- Johnstown, Pocono, Southern Tier, Youngstown and Chicago Deaneries
Week 3: Sunday, August 1 – Friday, August 6, 2021 -- Pittsburgh, Mid-Atlantic, Tri-State and Washington D.C. Deaneries
*After you pre-register, and if you are one of the first 72 to register, you will be emailed further instructions in order to fully register for the 2021 Summer Camping Program.
All Volunteers assisting at Camp and all Diocesan Clergy who have been given permission by their dean and His Eminence, Metropolitan Gregory to serve as Clergy Chaplains during their respective Deanery Camping Week, MUST complete the Clergy/Lay Volunteer Form and submit it to the Camp by May 1, 2021, NO EXCEPTIONS!! Due to new protocols regarding COVID-19 it is very important to adhere to this deadline. Please also note that there is no guarantee every Clergy/Volunteer who applies for Camp will be able to attend Camp due to State guidelines regarding the Coronavirus. The Camp will contact each Clergy/Volunteer by May 15, 2021 to let them know whether they will be able to attend Camp. Each Volunteer and Clergy MUST also have 3 Clearances complete BEFORE Camp begins: 1. Child Abuse Clearance, 2. Criminal Record Check Clearance, and 3. FBI Fingerprinting Clearance. Please see the Clearance Procedures 2021 letter below for instructions about how to obtain these clearances. Please contact the Camp if you are unsure if you have had these done or if you are unsure how to get them done.
Clergy/Volunteer Registration Forms
2021 Clergy/Lay Volunteer Form - MANDATORY FOR CLERGY AND VOLUNTEERS
Clearance Procedures 2021 Letter - MANDATORY FOR CLERGY AND VOLUNTEERS
2021 Camp Nazareth Staff Employment Opportunities
The following positions are available for the Camp Nazareth Summer 2021 Camping Season:
- Head Counselor
- Program Director
- Assistant Program Director (2)
- Athletic Director
- Technology Director
- Assistant Technology Director
- Ropes Course Facilitator
To be considered for employment, all applications must be postmarked/submitted no later than April 5, 2021.
All Staff MUST also have 3 Clearances complete BEFORE Camp begins: 1. Child Abuse Clearance, 2. Criminal Record Check Clearance, and 3. FBI Fingerprinting Clearance. Please see the Clearance Procedures 2021 letter below for instructions about how to obtain these clearances. Please contact the Camp if you are unsure if you have had these done or if you are unsure how to get them done.
Staff Employment Application Forms
2021 Staff Application Form - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
Social Networking and Digital Communication Policy - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
2021 Health History Form - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
2021 Medical Examination Form - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
Clergy Reference Form - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
Lay Reference Form -MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF - Remember that 2 Lay References are required
Media Consent Form -MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
2021 Camp Dress Code Policy - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF
Clearance Procedures 2021 Letter - MANDATORY FOR ALL STAFF - To be done AFTER being hired